Here is a pic of the loom logo. I posted this mainly because the 'eyes' of the bird's eye maple are nicely visible here. Also, you can see the tops of the shafts, which are connected to the levers that lift them.
This is a view of the back side of the loom. The arrow points to the heddles that are held in the shafts (I hope I'm getting all of these terms right).Most of the heddles on this loom are metal, and there are a few that are made from orange string. I might take those out if I don't need them for my first project. The metal parts of this loom are a little rusty, which I hope doesn't rub off on the threads. I can easily replace the heddles, but the reed also looks rusty. I'm not sure how to remove the rust, and I'm also not sure how easily replaceable a reed is.
I'm glad I've finally figured out how to add more than one pic to a post! This is a close up of the levers that lift the shafts. They have what appears to be gray paint on them (flaking off a bit on the edges). It's probably lead paint. The left side of this pic shows the beater (with the reed embedded in it) leaning toward the front of the loom, and the rod underneath on which the beater rotates.
No comments:
Post a Comment